Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I want a weeping willow...

The story is, that Jen, my wife, likes to get tattoos. She will ask me to draw something for her. She will give me an idea of what she wants, then I get pissy as I actually start to draw it due to the constraints of her conceptualization. An argument usually ensues due to the fact that I am usually not into what she is asking me to do. Finally, she says to just do whatever and storms off. About an hour later, still keeping her initial concept in mind and me feeling like their is a bit more freedom, I usually come up with something cool that she loves. We never seem to agree on art direction. She is my worse client, but I still lover her immensely. [ink + digital]

Anyway, I did a version where I reversed the art. This is how I would print it, preferably silk screen or wood block:



Here is the version she got tattooed as a half-sleeve:

2 comments:

Jen said...

You are the best for putting up with me. Thank you for drawing me awesome tattoos. The trunk is filled in olive green

Blackjaw said...

Ooops. Forgot about the green.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
So the main reason for this blog is to post scribbles I have done. I may post other illustrators' stuff that I find and want to share. I may post things unrelated to drawing. One thing you can count on is that I will bore you to death...too DEATH.

Followers